Friday, December 11, 2009

Thursday Update. She's Free!

Hi all,
Mom had a good night and Melba is with her this am. I went by the hospital to try to catch the doc rounds but it sounded like a resident was there before I got there (must have been really early since I was there before 7am!!). We have a list of questions for them when they come by to discharge her.

Mom is getting up to the bathroom and realized that the pain from her leg is gone and the pain she is feeling is in her back and from the surgery. This sounds like a good sign to me but we'll see what happens with time. She hasn't needed any pain medication since 10pm last night. She is still struggling with getting in and out of bed though as it is very painful for her to move around. This should get better with time and should be better tomorrow than it is today.

She did well with her breakfast this am (had a little nausea from her broth and crackers last night) and enjoyed her cup of coffee since it had been 2 looooooooooong days since she had a cup!! . . . the little things that we miss from home.

I'll let you know when I hear from Melba about discharge plans.
Love
Mid

No comments:

Post a Comment